Cortec VpCI-111 Emitter
- VpCI®-111 emitters are unique devices designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets or tool boxes up to 11 cubic feet (312 liters).
- The Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI®) emits vapors, which form a molecular layer on internal metal surfaces to protect critical, complex, and expensive electronic equipment during operation, shipping, or storage.
- VpCI®-111 is patented with a breathable Tyvek® membrane cover through which corrosion inhibitors are slowly released. Tyvek is a registered trademark of DuPontTM
- VpCI®-111 provides long term protection against corrosion even in the presence of adverse conditions including salt, moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3, and others.
- Electrical & Electronics
- Storage & Shipment
- Operating, packaged, and stored electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors • Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment and remote electronics devices
- Economical to use
- Provides continuous protection for up to 24 months during operation and/or shutdown
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical, or mechanical performance
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Very convenient to install
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact and space-saving
- Free of nitrites, halogens, and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- VOC values meet Southern California Clean Air Act and other National and local regulations
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label • NSN# 6850-01-408-9025
- Accepted by FDA for corrosion protection of electrical and electronic equipment within food processing plants
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency acceptance for indirect food contact
- Approved for U.S. military and NATO • Product contains powder that is a commercial equivalent to MIL-1-22110C
- IBM approval # 44V5421
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- VpCI®-111 is extremely simple and convenient to install.
- VpCI®- 111 emitters should be installed as early as possible, preferably during manufacturing or assembly.
- Simply select a space within enclosed device where corrosion protection would be useful. Verify that the surface on which the device will be installed is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface. The peel strip can be separated to reveal a self-adhesive sticker on which the installation and replacement dates can be noted.
- For volumes greater than 11ft³ (312 L), install more than one VpCI®-111.
- If the enclosure is not totally air-tight or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI®-111 emitter more often than every two years.
- After periods of heavy maintenance, replace the emitter.
- For additional protection, spray the enclosure very lightly with ElectriCorr® VpCI®-238.
- APPERANCE & STANDARD SIZE: Green cup with Tyvek® lid. Plastic device cup with breathable membrane 2.25 in. diameter x 1.27 in H (5.7 cm x 3.2 cm)
- PROTECTION: 11 ft³ (312 Liters) emitter, Multimetal protection
- PACKAGING: 10 individually wrapped emitters per carton (0.45kg)
- STORAGE: Products should not be exposed to temperatures of over 185°F (85°C).
FOR QUOTATION & OTHER INFORMATION, EMAIL: email@example.com