CorShield® VpCI-146 Corrosion Inhibiting Paper
- Cortec VpCI-146 is the premium corrosion inhibiting paper in the industry. Our patented Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibiting (VpCI) technology has revolutionized the way metals are protected in an enclosed package
- Cortec VpCI-146 paper provides superior corrosion protection for both ferrous and nonferrous metals. Cortec VpCI-146 multimetal paper eliminates the need for a variety of papers for all different types of metals and alloys you need to protect
- Cortec VpCI-146 is fully recyclable/repulpable, which means VpCI-146 can be recycled into other types of paper products such as boxes, cardboard, and other corrugated materials. It also means that VpCI-146 can be “repulped” or made into or mixed with pulp to make new paper products
- Additionally, VpCI-146 is environmentally safe, non-toxic, biodegradable, and doesn’t contain any nitrites, phosphates, or silicates
- Cortec VpCI-146 paper is made from the highest quality neutral natural kraft paper: our paper is made without the use of chlorine or other chemical bleaching. This eliminates package contamination found with other competing VCI/VPI papers
- VpCI-146 is easy to use. There are no chemical concentrations to calculate, no chemical tanks, or application system to maintain. Just wrap your products in the paper and fold edges together. Use adhesive tape as needed to hold paper folds in place
- The VpCI coating on the paper vaporizes, reaching all metal surfaces to provide complete corrosion protection. The unique inhibiting action of Cortec VpCI forms a very thin and very effective protective layer that does not alter the appearance of products or require removal before further finishing or use
- Parts protected with VpCI-146 can be painted, welded, and soldered.
- VpCI-146 protective layer does not influence physical properties of most sensitive electrical components, including conductivity and resistance.
Cortec VpCI-146 paper can be used to protect products for storage and shipment in a wide variety of ways:
- single item packaging or interleaving
- end closures for shipping tubes
- insert strips for recessed areas in large packages, and as sheet liners or separators between products.
- Metal producing: coils, wire reels, plate, bar, etc.
- Metal forging and die casting: raw and machined forgings and castings.
- Metalworking: stamping, sheet metal work, springs, bearings, fasteners, tube, pipe, nails
- Finished products: engines, machinery , equipment, tools, hardware, appliances, instruments, motors, etc.
- Electrical and electronic components, controls, etc
- One product for all ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Contains no nitrites, phosphates, silicones, chromates, or other heavy metals
- Fully recyclable, repulpable
- Effective against aggressive environments including humidity, SO2, H2S, and galvanic corrosion from dissimilar metals
- Conforms to military specifications MIL-PRF-3420
- Protective layer does not need to be removed prior to further surface finishing or coating application
- Protects dry or oiled metals during storage, transit, and overseas shipment
- Natural grade paper eliminates package contamination
- Combines corrosion protection and packaging into one step
- Tested by Zagreb, Croatia, Department of Health, for use on food articles
- Multimetal Kraft Paper Rolls (64g/m²)
48″ x 600′ (121.9cm x 182.9m)
- Weight per roll = 15.8kg
- Shelf life is 24 months.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Cast Iron
- Aluminum Alloys
- Brass (≤30% Zn)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Products should be packaged as soon after cleaning as possible, but completely dried of residual water
- Keep the VpCI paper as close to the surface of the product as practical, leaving no barrier between the VpCI paper and the metal surface to be protected
- Standard Construction: Neutral natural kraft paper, coated with VpCI material. The paper contains printed logo on reverse side to the coating.
For quotation and other information, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org