Cortec VpCI-101 Foam Device
- VpCI-101 devices are designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets, or tool boxes.
- A VpCI-101 device protects up to 1 cubic foot (28 liters) in volume.
- VpCI-101 is a small patented device from which Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCIs) are slowly released.
- The VpCIs emit vapors that form a molecular layer on metal surfaces to protect critical, complex, and expensive electronic equipment and other metal components during operations, shipping, or storage.
- VpCI-101 provides long-term protection against corrosion even in the presence of adverse conditions including salt, moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3, and others.
- Electrical & Electronics
- Storage & Shipment
- Operating, packaged, and stored electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment and remote electronic devices
- Hand-held battery-operated devices
- Tool boxes, parts storage, and other containers holding metals
- Economical to use
- Convenient to install
- Provides continuous protection up to 24 months during operation and/or shutdown
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical, or mechanical performance
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact and space-saving
- Free of nitrites, silicones, and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label
- Accepted by Canadian Food Inspection Agency for indirect food contact
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act and other National and local regulations
- NSN* #6850-01-338-1392
- Meets MIL-PRF-81705D
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- VpCI-101 devices are extremely simple and convenient to install.
- The devices should be installed at the earliest possible time, preferably during manufacturing or assembly.
- Simply select a space within any enclosure where corrosion protection would be useful. Verify the surface the device will be affixed is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface.
- For volumes greater than 1 cubic foot (28 liters) use more than one device.
- If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI- 101 device more often than every 2 years.
- After periods of heavy maintenance replace the device.
- For additional protection spray the enclosure very lightly with Cortec® ElectriCorr® VpCI-238 or VpCI-239.
- STANDARD SIZE: Foam device with adhesive backing 3” (L) x 1¼” (W) x ¼” (H)
(7.6 cm x 3.2 cm x 0.6 cm)
- PACKAGING: 50 individually wrapped devices per carton (0.45kg)
- PROTECTION:0ft³ (0.03m³ or 28 Liters) per device, multimetal protection
FOR QUOTATION & OTHER INFORMATION, EMAIL: email@example.com